I'm still planning to post a Part 2 for my trip to Tulsa. But now it's time to look back over the blessings of the week with Friday Fave Five.
1. Good memories of time spent with friends in Tulsa, including a visit to the Pioneer Woman's Mercantile and Lodge, that I wrote about here.
2. A memorial service for a beloved pastor. Father Ryan became our pastor the year Joey was born, baptized all of our children and he was instrumental in building our new church. A service was held Wednesday night. It was a beautiful gathering of parishioners from the years he was our parish priest.
3. An impromptu date night. We rarely go out on weeknights, but Dan texted me at work and suggested a new place for dinner, the 5280 Burger Bar. Their specialty? Burgers, of course, available in all kinds of meat including bison and lamb. I had the Tree Hugger (sans the quinoa burger--can't pass up my beef) and it was piled high with goat cheese, grilled onion, pesto, roasted red pepper, hummus and arugula. We didn't have room for dessert, but I'll be sure to next time, because they specialize in ice cream desserts.
4. Our son Luke found a steal of a deal "new" used car for our daughter-in-law Miranda. It needs a little tweaking, but her brother is a skilled mechanic. So, two blessings there, the car and a mechanic in the family.
5. Signs of Spring. Daffodils are popping up already and this weekend we gain some daylight at the end of the day. I expect we'll have more snow before the month is out, but those Spring-like days are glorious!
How was your week?