Friday, January 5, 2018
Welcoming 2018 with Friday's Fave Five
My first official post of the new year, and what a better way to begin than with Friday's Fave Five. This is a meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Every Friday, Susanne invites us to be purposeful in taking notice of the good things that happened during the week. So here goes.
1) Welcoming the new year . . . I can't remember the last time Dan and I stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve. We typically celebrate east coast style and call it good at 10 p.m. This year we watched a movie on Netflix -- Our Souls at Night, with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. It was lovely and funny and real.
2) New Year's Day . . . Keeping with tradition, we celebrated the holidays with my family at my dad and stepmom's house. It has become one of my favorite traditions. We all bring a dish, squeeze in around the table, and it's one of the few times of the year that I see all of my family together. As many come as can make it, and it's a great way to kick off the new year.
3) Not such a great way to start the year . . . I was sick for two days as in I-wish-I-was-dead sick. But, there's a bright side! That is in how good I feel today! And in that I have an awesome husband who takes over and cares for the house and for me when I get that sick. I'm still sipping on flat ginger ale, but I do feel worlds better.
4) Time with friends . . . On Tuesday night, we went to dinner with some friends (okay, I'm pretty sure this is what led to #3, but we'll set that aside for now). The 'girls' and I have been best buds for years. It's the first time we've been out with our spouses/significant other. So much fun!
5) A good book . . . I finished a book, on the cusp on the New Year, so I'm counting it for 2017. I read 30 books in 2017, which is awesome for me. The one I just finished is All She Left Behind by Jane Kirkpatrick. I really enjoy this author, and this book really hit the mark for me. Historical fiction, a story that is relevant for my life right now, and so beautifully written.
How was your week?