It's been a nice, quiet week. I haven't jumped into holiday mode yet, except for some Christmas shopping. The house is still decorated with pumpkins, turkeys and fall candles. I am enjoying this 'in between' time.
Here are some simple moments that blessed me this week:
* Yesterday, I attended a seminar for work. I drove for about thirty miles east of where I live. It was a gorgeous day, the sky was so blue and clear, the sun shining. I looked in the rear view mirror and the view of the snow-covered Rockies was just stunning. One of my favorite parts of living in Colorado is having both mountains and prairie, and the views each provide.
* At the seminar, I got to meet two women who I 'work with' all the time on the phone, but this was the first time we met in person. Both are so lovely, so dedicated. I'm grateful for what they do for our clients.
* I 'discovered' a book on my bookcase that I bought last summer and completely forgot about! Letters from Paris by Juliet Blackwell. I read it in just a couple of days, and I'm excited to read the next one by this author.
* I have been dipping into some Hallmark Christmas movies in the evenings. I record them and fast forward through commercials. The stories are so predictable, but I love the big city decorations, the music, and there's always snow at just the right moments.
* The Sonos wireless music system that we bought about a year ago has become one of my most favorite things. It was something Dan had looked into and I thought it would be nice for him to have it because he's the 'music person' of the two of us. I find I actually use it more, probably because I'm home more. We have speakers in three parts of the house, and I can turn on any one (or all) of them with my cell phone, and play my own playlists or radio stations. Last night we watched the Pentatonix Christmas special, and I'm going to add a couple of their songs to our Christmas playlist.
Such a good week all around. Happy Friday to all.
Linking up to Friday's Fave Five.