Taking a few minutes to reflect on the blessings of the past week, along with the lovely Friday Fave Five group. The link is here.
1. Dan and I decided to get a jump on some Christmas shopping. Last night we went out for Mexican food for supper, then went to the local big box toy store to look for ideas for the grandkids. We picked up a few things, and have ideas for the rest.
2. I am so blessed by the younger women in my life. I'm a decade or so ahead of most of the women I work with and volunteer with, and I have so much respect for how hard they work in their careers and the way they are raising their families, particularly daughters. It fills me with hope for the future to see how capable and enthusiastic they are.
3. After watching this episode of The Pioneer Woman, I'm excited to try something new for Thanksgiving this year. Instead of roasting the turkey whole, I ordered one cut up at the local grocery store. It has never occurred to me to do it this way! Dan isn't disappointed a bit that he doesn't have to carve it, and I'm happy not to have a big old turkey carcass to deal with for cleanup. Ree's recipe gives instructions to roast the bird the day before, but I will probably just do it the day of. I'm thankful for new ideas!
4. I came across this quote and it has resonated with me all week: "We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives." John F. Kenney
5. Dan and I have a standing date with my aunt for dinner on Friday nights. Sometimes my dad and stepmom join us, too! We always toast to the end of the week, remembering my grandpa who used to call Fridays,"the best night of the week."
Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world. Happy Thanksgiving to all!