Every Friday, Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, invites us to write about our favorite blessings from the week. Today she shared this quote.
"It is not happy people that are thankful, it is thankful people that are happy."
Doesn't that sum it up beautifully? Gratitude is one form of self care.
Five blessings from my week:
1. These little cuties on Halloween. Brooklynn is the police officer. Bentley is the convict. She looks a little stressed, because a few seconds before the picture was taken, he was trying to grab her Skittles.
A closer look at the 'tats' on those sleeves.
2. Memories. I love taking photos and putting together albums to hold precious memories. I generally order my prints about every six months and have a marathon session putting them into albums. That's one of the things I'll be working on this weekend, as a big batch just came in the mail yesterday.
3. Netflix. Dan and I watched Table 19 earlier this week, a sweet, quirky little movie. We still get DVDs through the mail. Our TV is old and cranky, and the streaming thing is just not dependable. (If my kids were to read this, they would be rolling their eyes at me. They're sure it's operator error.) However, I like seeing that little red envelope in my mailbox, anticipating a movie night.
4. Free long distance. And hour-long phone calls with my BFF Pamela in Tulsa;)
5. Crisp, cool mornings. Hot coffee. Soup for supper. I do love Fall.