1. Our trip to California for my sister-in-law's birthday tops my list. I wrote about it in our last post, and still have some more pictures to share, which I hope to get to this weekend. We stayed at a lovely guest ranch and visited a few wineries, in addition to the birthday celebration.What made the weekend even more special was that Joe and Sam were there, too. It was great spending time with those two.
2. A bit more mundane, but a huge blessing for me, is my new vacuum cleaner! After conducting an informal survey among Facebook friends, the favorite handsdown is the Shark. I bought the Navigator Liftaway, and I'm loving it! It's easy to use, the attachments are great, and it's perfect for our floors, which are primarily hardwood with a few area rugs.
3. Dan and I are doing some rearranging, and I now have my own office space. We've been sharing our office, and with two desks and Lilly's dog bed, it's been rather cozy. He moved his desk and files downstairs, so now I will have room for an easy chair and reading lamp. I have lots of cleaning and organizing to do! I still share the space with Lilly, but us girls like to stick together;)
4. I picked a bunch more tomatoes from the garden. This weekend, I'm going to make some tomato basil soup (basil from the garden as well). I should have plenty of both to freeze, too.
5. As if on cue, our temperatures dropped today, the first day of Fall. The weekend is going to be much cooler. It's my favorite time of year. Bring on the pumpkins and the hot lattes!
Happy Friday everyone!