As much as I don't like to wish the seasons and my life away, I am looking forward to the cooler temps of September. Here are a few favorites from the last week of August.
1. A night at the ballpark. Dan and I went to see the Rockies play the Detroit Tigers one evening this week. The weather was so perfect -- clear and a cool breeze. The park has been sold out almost all summer, but on this night it wasn't quite so crowded, so we walked around the concourse and watched the game from different areas, just to get some exercise.
2. Going to the library with Brooklynn. I'm trying to make it a weekly outing, taking Brooklynn to the children's library. Wow, it's so different from when my kids were little, with an entire play area of educational and interactive toys. It's been fun having her to myself;) and it gives her a chance to play with other kids, and without her 17-month-old little brother trying to get in the middle of what she's doing all the time.
3. Brunch with friends on Saturday. I met up with three of my besties from junior high/high school days. We get together about once a year or so, whenever Ann (the out-of-towner) is here. So many life changes through the years!
4. Watching Bentley eat ice cream.
5. Taking Lilly to the vet and having that chore behind me for another year! She is such a nervous Nellie. She hides behind me and won't let the vet look at her. He coaxes her with cookies, and she spits them out at him. Trying to get her weight is a challenge in itself because she dances all over the scale. He basically waves his stethoscope around her and tells me her heart and lungs are fine, and I assure him her teeth and eyes are fine, too. If it weren't for the fact that she needs shots and heart worm meds, I would be inclined to forget the whole affair, and I let them take her in the back room (for some reason, Lilly loves the vet tech, Morgan) to draw blood and give her the shots. We are in and out in 14 minutes. It's probably the fastest $254 dollars this vet has ever made.
How was your week? Happy September to all!
Linking up with Friday Fave Fives at Living to the the Story.