Friday, August 4, 2017
1. We had the grandbabies over for another sleepover, when Mom and Dad were both working late shifts. Brooklynn awoke in the morning with a soft, sleepy smile. We snuggled in bed and looked at books for a little while, and I remembered the days when my kids were that age, and life as a mom was simple and new.
2. On Monday, I had lunch with my BFF Kathy. We realized that we both have new grandnieces, born on the same day, just last Friday!
3. The weather has cooled just a tad, and mornings on the porch with a cup of coffee have been so pleasant. The way the shadows and light stretch across the deck, along with the early morning chirping of the birds, lends to a sweet start to my day.
4. Dan and I had a mid-week date, and went out for Mexican food. A margarita for me, Mexican beer for him. This Grandma and PopPop have earned it:) We are feeling pretty good about how easily we've fallen back into tag-teaming with the little ones. It's like riding a bicycle:)
5. I found a great book at the library book sale -- an unexpected, fabulous read for only a dollar -- The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel. It takes place during World War II and is the story of a city girl whose circumstances take her to a rural part of Colorado. I'm enjoying the setting, as it takes me through many places I'm familiar with, and the writing is just so lovely.
How was your week?
Linking up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.