My family is spread out all over the state and the country, if you include my nieces and nephews, so texting is a great way for us to keep in touch. This week, the texts were flying and loaded with pictures. It occurred to me how fortunate we are nowadays that, no matter the distance, we are still a part of each other's lives.
Here are some of my favorite photos that came through this week.
1. One of my brothers, Mark, trains German Shorthaired Pointers for hunting. One of his dogs had puppies this week, and he said I can have as many as I want!;) Dan said no.
2. My brother Andy is the family naturalist and artist. We were exchanging photos when I asked him to help me identify a feather I found. (It was a turkey feather LOL). This is an eagle feather he came upon one day and posed it for a picture.
3. My dad texted me this photo that he came across in one of his albums. Me (squinting in the sun), my mom and my grandmother.
4. Luke texted this photo that he took of the baseball team that he coaches. Before each game the boys gather in prayer. He said it is their own idea, but I know that he is an awesome mentor to these teens.
5. Saving the best for last, my beautiful niece Sami (daughter #1 of brother naturalist and artist) upon receiving her White coat! She just passed the halfway mark towards earning her degree in chiropractic medicine.
These are just a few of the photos from the week that remind me how thankful I am to be a part of this awesome family.