Happy Friday, everyone. I'm still going to post about the Santa Fe trip, but I'm linking up to Living to Tell the Story and Friday's Fave Five in the meantime. It has been a busy, shorter week following my trip, but still nice to look back at moments that blessed me.
1. It snowed this week! We got about 6" in our town, some of the mountain areas got upward of 3 feet. That's quite a spring storm. Spring snowstorms aren't my favorite thing, but it's a good feeling to know that at this time of year it will melt very quickly and I'll be out in the garden again this weekend.
2. Yesterday, I was driving home from the rec center where I met my walking partner, and it was snowing those big, beautiful fluffy flakes. Overhead flew a small flock of pelicans! It was such a beautiful sight to see. I commented about the pelicans in our area in an earlier post, and several people were surprised that we have pelicans in Colorado. They do seem out of place here, but they arrive every spring to breed on the shallow lakes here on the plains. In the winter, they head for the Pacific coast.
This is a picture that I took several years ago, on my cell phone so not the best quality, but it's one of my favorites of the pelicans. The rubber ducky on the pond still cracks me up.
3. We had a small gathering for our Book Club on Wednesday night, just four of us, and we met at a favorite restaurant. I got to choose the book this month. It was Father Melancholy's Daughter, by Gail Godwin. It's one of my favorites and I was happy to get to re-read it and discuss it with friends.
4. Between my travels last weekend and some evening meetings for Dan, it has been over a week since we've sat down to dinner together. He was supposed to be gone this weekend (trip got cancelled), so yesterday I took off from work a little early and went to the grocery store to pick up some items for dinner. Then I made one of his favorite suppers, and we got to enjoy it just the two of us. We've had a full house lately, with kids and grandkids popping over.
5. Phone calls with my boys. Yesterday, I talked to Joey for a while, and he told me about the project he's working on for summer semester. Then Luke called and we Facetimed, just the two of us. Usually we talk in the evening and there are at least four or five of us all trying to get in on the conversation, which is hilarious. It was nice to have some one-on-one.
How was your week? Think about some favorite moments, even if you don't write them down. It does wonders for the soul!