It's been one of those weeks where it's hard to narrow it down, but here are five things I'm grateful for:
1. Celebrating this grandson of mine on his first birthday! I hold him whenever I possibly can, knowing that in a short time he'll be walking and won't want to be held (sniff). He is so round and roly poly and happy all the time. Just a delight.
2. We Facetimed with the Wisconsin contingency and all the grandkids got to see each other. It was great fun watching their reactions to one another. The 3-year-old is the only one who really understood what the heck was going on, but there was lots of waving and smiling. Kids don't hold back, I love that.
3. My son Joe is taking a literature class this semester, and I've read a few of the books along with him. We've had some great discussions. I read some of Truman Capote's works -- a first for me. At Joe's suggestion, I started with Breakfast at Tiffany's. He is a wonderful, sensitive writer and his short stories are just lovely. I haven't read In Cold Blood and I'm not sure if I will, but I'm really glad I read his other works.
4. I found a new favorite at Starbuck's -- an Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato. It's not as sweet as it sounds, and I sometimes ask for less caramel. But, as prepared it's only 200 calories, so that's something.
5. Last but not least, I had a really nice week at work. It was a quiet week, and I was able to get caught up, completing the transition to our new billing system. I'm feeling quite capable and techie right now.
How was your week? Link up here to share!