Friday Fave Five, but I think Christmas Eve is a wonderful time to reflect on the blessings of this past week.
1. Joe and Sam came for supper on Tuesday night. I got home from work and finished preparing beef stroganoff in the crock pot, while they were watching TV with Dan. They both looked a bit tired and scruffy, the result of finishing up finals and labs and papers the week before. I watched them fill their plates, heaping with noodles and hot, fragrant beef, not just once, but twice and then a third time for Sam. There is something that is so satisfying to this mother's heart, feeding hungry 'boys' who don't always have the time or energy to cook for themselves.
2. We had an office gathering after work on Monday. It was nice to relax with the people I work with and get to know them better. We played a game that I borrowed for another gathering this week. It's called "2 truths and a lie." Everyone comes up with two truths and one lie about themselves, shares with the group, and then the group has to decide which facts are truths and which is not true. Lots of fun!
3. A surprise package in the mail from my sweet cousin. I do a lot of mail order shopping, so when this one was on our doorstep it was such a treat! Something I hadn't ordered and it was for me!
4. Breakfast with my friend Terry. So, so many years of friendship and sharing of hearts.
5. All of my fives this week include people in my life. So grateful for all of you who take time to stop by my blog to chat over the backyard fence. Thank you for your comments, whether in person, by email or in the comment section. Merry Christmas to all!