A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I was working on a makeover for a piece of furniture. I thought I would share some pictures of the finished product.
One of the first pieces of furniture that Dan and I bought when we were married, was this dining room hutch. It was a splurge, but we came into a little money, and I've never regretted it. I've always loved this piece, but have always had this niggling little thought that it would be so pretty painted. Over the years, I've imagined painting it white or barn red, or painting part of it and leaving the rest natural.
I finally decided to just jump in and "do something --even if it's wrong," (as my father-in-law used to say.)
I started by taking it all apart and setting up shop on the back porch. It involved a lot of sanding. And a coat of primer. And a couple of coats of paint.
Here's the finished product. (Ignore the cord peeking out the side:/) I love not having the doors on. It is in a more central location now, so I can dress it up for different seasons and holidays.
I'm happy with the way it turned out and it feels good to have finished a project that has been on my list for such a long time.