Friday, November 11, 2016
Grateful for Friday's Fave Five
In light of the events of the past few days -- meaning of course the election on Tuesday that left so many of us reeling in disbelief -- I am delighted to join in with the Friday Fave Five crowd and look for the blessings in my week. Because, as bad as life gets sometimes, there's always something good that pokes it's head up and winks at me.
1. Today is Veteran's Day, and I'm grateful for a day that remembers all of the men and women who have served in the armed forces to give us the freedoms that we have today. This includes my dad, my grandpa, my uncles, my brother, and my nephew. Thank you to all!
2. Here it is the middle of November and I'm wearing a t-shirt and capris and looking out the window at a rosebush in full bloom. This morning, I started a project, re-doing a piece of furniture, on the back porch. It is so warm and sunny and beautiful outside.
3. In an effort to prepare for the holiday season (and I do need a reminder that it is fast arriving, despite Spring-like weather) I've found a new favorite at St*rbucks. Peppermint White Mocha. OMG, it's to die for. It's not a special or anything, just something I decided to try and it's become my fave.
4. I had an unexpected free day on Monday that I wrote about here. Yay for 'free' days!
5. Laughter. Dan and I record our favorite shows and watch them when we have time. Last night, we watched the latest episodes of Modern Family and The Big Bang. A nice reprieve from all the seriousness of the week.
How was your week?