Yay, it's time for Friday's Fave Five. I missed doing this little exercise last week. It's always good to look back and find the blessings in my week, big and small. Linking up with the FFF crew here.
1. The past two mornings have been overcast and foggy. A bit cooler, so the colors outside are deeper and more vivid. It's a teaser for fall, as I know we'll get some hot weather soon. But, it has been nice to sip hot coffee in the morning and put on a sweater, even for just a little while.
2. We had two of our grandkids here on Tuesday evening, so their mom and dad could have an evening out. It's been a while since we've had both and it was an adventure. When I arrived home from work, Dan had been going solo with them for about an hour. Baby in arms with burp rag on the shoulder. Toys strewn and the toddler running around. It was just like old times -- with a big difference. We're old now. In a couple of hours we were both exhausted. Dan gets up so early in the morning, so I told him if we could get one of them to sleep, I would take over until mom and dad got home. We willed that little guy to sleep and Dan shuffled off to bed!
3. My nephew just got his first cell phone, so we have been texting each other. I love that he tells me about his day. We only live a few blocks from one another, but he's a busy kid with school, sports and piano, so I don't see him as often as I'd like. One of the benefits of technology is being able to keep in touch with my nieces and nephews.
4. Pumpkins in the garden! I threw in a pumpkin plant along the back fence and said a prayer that it might provide us with a couple of decent pumpkins this year. We have two already ripe and gorgeous and four more that are shaping up nicely. I love seeing those splashes of orange when I look out the kitchen window.
5. Tonight my nephew, RJ, is getting married -- the first big wedding in our family:) I'm excited to get to be with all my brothers and their wives, as it doesn't happen all that often these days. Excited to celebrate RJ and his beautiful bride. Happy to be looking forward to this evening and staying overnight at the venue and having breakfast as a family tomorrow. Photos to come!
How was your week?