1. Joe and Sam have set a date for their wedding -- January 7! No, it doesn't give us a huge amount of time, but we've booked a venue, and now get to plan all the fun details. Sam's mom is coming from out-of-town in a couple of weeks, and we'll whip out the rest of the plans then. We love Sam! He's already been a part of our family for the past two years. He and Joe are both busy students -- Sam goes to the Colorado School of Mines (Dan's alma mater), and Joe is at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
2. I can't top #1, but another favorite this week was on Wednesday evening, after Dan and I had an appointment on the south side of town. We decided to stop for a bite to eat, and we ended up at the restaurant where, 33 years ago, he asked me to marry him:) It's a lot different now, but it sure brought back some wonderful memories.
3. Movie night - Last night we watched a movie from Netflix, The Cider House Rules. I remember seeing it when it first came out in 1999, but had forgotten most of the story. The soundtrack is one of my favorites with beautiful music by Rachel Portman. It's a thought-provoking story and very well done about a young orphan (Tobey Maguire) who is mentored by a physician (Michael Caine) and goes out into the world to find his way and come to his own conclusions about what he believes to be true in life.
4. I had lots of free time this week, which was really nice. I got a lot accomplished around the house. There is still a pile of ironing that awaits me, but I'll have time to tackle that today and also organize my closet for fall.
5. Favorite photo of the week:
Miranda sent me this in a text. Sawyer is wearing one of Luke's outfits, the one he wore when we went to court for his final adoption hearing. In a way, it seems like just yesterday. Time goes so fast, which is why I love savoring the moments through Friday Fave Five. If you would like to join in, here's the link at Susanne's place, Living to Tell the Story.