1. Music, music, music! First, I should say that I'm not the musician in the family, that Dan is and my sons both have an appreciation for and talent for it, too. However, like most people, I have my favorite songs and genres, though I just don't have much of an ear for quality and tone. Dan does! and so we finally bit the bullet and bought a sound system for our home. I love that we can sit on the back porch and listen to our favorite playlists, or have it playing in different areas of the house. (Listening to Kenny Chesney right now;)
2. A good, rockin' thunderstorm. Earlier this week, a good downpour cooled everything off and we slept with the windows open for the first time in weeks. It's cooler again today and our flowers and plants are very happy.
3. Not as bad as it could've been. I went downstairs to throw in some laundry earlier this week, and as I stepped into the laundry room, stepped into a HUGE puddle of water. We're still not positive what the source was -- which is hugely disconcerting -- but, it was clean water and nothing was damaged. Hard to see this as a blessing, but we have had worse!
4. Learning some stuff. Classes started this week through an online learning program that our library is connected with. As patrons, we can choose form over two thousand classes and take them for FREE! I'm taking Intro to Microsoft Word -- I use Word all the time, but there are parts of it that are still a mystery to me -- and a Travel Writing class, because I just can't seem to get enough:)
5. Morning walks. My walking partner, Joan, and I are getting back to our normal routine, walking at the open space a couple mornings a week. We go way back -- we were neighbors when Dan and I bought our first house right after we were married. Joan was a stay-at-home-mom with five kids, and I was a workin' girl. I wanted to be her and she wanted to be me, haha! Then, I was the SAHM and she went into Real Estate, and helped us find our next three homes. Now, we're both grandmas and empty nesters, and good friends:) I love how life happens.
How was your week?