I'm sneaking in before the week is over to list my Friday Fave Five. This has been a nice week, beginning with a family gathering on 4th of July. Thinking back, there were several small 'moments' of grace that I'd like to share.
1. We went to a Rockies game on Thursday evening with Emily and Marcus. One of my favorite parts of the game is the Star Spangled Banner! We were standing in line at a concession stand when it started to play. For those few moments, everyone in the park was focused on the flag, including every person in line at the concession stand, the cashiers, and the workers. All the fans in the concourse had stopped walking and were facing the flag, and of course all the fans in the stands.
2. I started a new book this week. I love the moment when I'm reading something new and realize, this is going to be a great read.
3. The first zucchini in my garden! It's always a delightful surprise to see that very first one, as though I'm not really sure I'm going to get BUSHELS of them from just my one plant.
4. One day this week, I went to lunch with my Aunt Ann and friend Renee. We had the best day, shopping on the little Main Street of a nearby town. At lunch, we all had pistachio ice cream and 'toasted' my grandmother who would have celebrated her birthday the day before.
5. A chance encounter with family members who live in town, that I don't get to see very often. I stopped for an iced coffee and ran into my aunt and two cousins and an adorable little second cousin:) We had a nice visit while sitting out on the patio of the coffee shop.
How was your week?