Because I'm feeling a little bit rebellious, I'm going to count backwards this week, saving the best for last. Which means very little, because here in no particular order are my favorites:
5. Yesterday I met my friend Renee for brunch. We went to a patio cafe, sat at a table with an umbrella and I had the creme brulee French toast and she had the Belgian waffle with strawberries and real whipped cream. We drank copious amounts of coffee and talked about summer so far and how there is still a lot left to go, and we're not going to rush it or waste a moment.
4. On Monday, I watched my 4-month-old grandson Bentley. We went to the library to pick up a book that was on hold for me. He patiently waited in his stroller while I browsed the stacks, then we sat in one of the window seats that overlooks the park and I whispered to him all the lovely books we would read when he gets a little bit older. And I willed it into him to breathe in the scent of all those wonderful books and to love them as much as I do!
3. Lilly went to the groomer for a much overdue cut and shampoo. I love our groomer, she is so patient with Lilly's, shall we say 'idiosyncrasies,' and once confided in me that she sits on the floor with all 45 pounds of Lilly in her lap, to cut her toenails and trim her paws.
2. I wrote about our weekend trip back here. We came home on Sunday and I am still savoring the memories of the lovely time we had in the mountains.
1. And the number one favorite of the week is . . . a new sprinkler system was installed in the backyard on Monday!! (insert roar of the crowd here) No more moving the old oscillating sprinkler numerous times each night and no more dragging the hose around to water the garden beds. I have a few pots that I'll hand water, but we now have drip systems for the veggie garden and rose garden, and the hard-to-get-to side yard has a little zone all its own. Dan will rig up an extension for the bird bath, so it too will have its own water supply. I am a happy camper.
How was your week? You, too, can be part of the elite Friday Fave Five group by linking up here! ;)