1. I am the lucky recipient of a 'gift-away' from Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Peggy hosts a link up party once a month, and I just love the format that she provides for looking at the 'gift of an ordinary day.' I won her drawing for a gift package last month, and it arrived in the mail earlier this week. A coloring book with wonderful pictures and quotes (have you gotten into the coloring craze? I have and it's fun!) There's a copy of one of my favorite cookbooks, which I'm gifting to my daughter. And -- I love this -- Peggy's idea, a 'landing pad' which is essentially a supersized coaster that can hold things that need a place to 'land' -- keys, cell phone, mug, etc. I am using this on my desk and it holds my tea cup and my cell phone.
2. My dad and stepmom are up north for a couple weeks, and on Wednesday they drove through Wisconsin and stopped to see Luke and Miranda and the kids. I had such a warm, fuzzy feeling all day, knowing that they all got to be together. Luke snapped this picture of Carol holding Sawyer. It is the next best thing to holding him myself!
3. On Saturday we spent the afternoon with our friends Rick and Pam. We went to a beer festival in their new town, which is just a few miles north of us. Good fun, good eats, good friends!
4. We are nearing the finish in getting garden beds established. Here's the framework for one that Dan just completed. I'm so grateful for that husband of mine! It's amazing what he can do with one of my sketches and a picture from Pinterest:)
5. I had a lovely day on Monday with my Aunt Ann. We went to lunch at a new restaurant and did a bit of shopping. It was restful and fun and relaxing.
How was your week?