1. The first snow of the season. Mother Nature wasn't shy. No light dusting here, but instead a half foot of heavy wet snow that piled up on fence rails and turned the bird bath into a pedestal bearing a lovely cake made of snow.
2. Arriving home on Monday afternoon and having the kids and grandkids come over for pizza. Such a huge treat to see those baby girls!
3. Having a few hours to work at my desk yesterday. There's an enormous satisfaction in seeing the piles dwindle. Bills paid, cards written, lists checked off.
4. Last weekend, when we were in New Orleans, we visited the National World War II Museum. After seeing and hearing the stories of so many of the men who served, Veterans Day felt more poignant than ever this year. I'm thankful for our veterans and those who have shared their stories.
5. Seeing the WWII museum was a profound experience. As I've read the headlines this week of the horrors that continue throughout the world, the men and women in our military -- and those of our allies -- have been heavy on my heart. I'm so thankful for each and every one of them, and their families who sacrifice for our country.
Friday Fave Five is hosted each week by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.