It's been a beautiful week, here on the Front Range of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Sharing some moments of gratitude. . .
1. Gardens in the fall. There are still a few die hard flowers that are giving us lots of pretty color. I thought for sure the clematis was done for the year, but this poked up yesterday.
And aren't clematis cool after the blooms fade?
This bouquet of daisies and yellow roses came from our garden, too. The daisies have put on quite a show!
2. Driving home from water aerobics this morning, I saw something that made me rethink how impatient I get with people. There was a flock of geese crossing the road, taking their sweet time. Another car coming in the opposite direction and I slowed to let them waddle their way across the street. The other driver and I smiled and gave the palms up, whatta ya gonna do? gesture, as we passed each other. And I wondered, why am I patient with these pea-brained creatures and yet I wanted to dunk the person next to me in the pool this morning, who kept drifting over into my space? The person wasn't being thoughtless, I don't think. Just lost in the moment.
3. I hadn't seen my grandbabies for two weeks! so, when our kids brought them for dinner on Monday, it was sweeter than usual. I had Brooklynn for the day, so we went for a nice long stroll and it was a beautiful day.
4. The weather has been a real blessing this week. So, so perfect. Unfortunately, what's good for us has been hard for others. Our mountains are sorely in need of snow and the whole state could use a bit of rain. But, I will focus on the positive, because you can't change the weather.
5. A new recipe for minestrone soup that I found on allrecipes.com. Of course I tweaked it a bit, as did the other 1,000 cooks that said it was 'the best ever.' So funny, how we all have to put our own little mark on our recipes. That's what makes cooking fun.
How was your week? Do share below or, better yet, link up with Susanne at Friday Fave Five.