The month of August is quickly coming to a close. Even all the more reason to slow down and take a look at the last week of summertime.
1. My MOST favorite thing this week: My granddaughter Siefer said, "Grandma," for the first time! Ah, my heart! I still get tears just thinking about it. Silly, I know, but so precious! Now, I feel that I am 'officially' a Grandma.
2. Earlier in the week, I met a good friend for coffee. She is someone I worked for years ago, and we became friends. Though we are not that far apart in age, she's someone I always looked to for advice in being a mother. She is a bit further along on this motherhood journey than I, since her kids are a few years older. I'm so thankful for long-lasting friendships, especially those where you might not see one another often, but can just pick up where you left off.
3. I have been working on a writing project and I finished my first draft. (Insert trumpets here). The real blessing here is my writing coach. I appreciate her so much.
4. Black-eyed Susans. This has been an incredible year for them, and they're blooming like crazy all over town. Big, huge, bunches of them.
5. Celebrating the life of someone who passed away this week. She was a young woman with special needs, and the love and devotion shown by her parents during her life was a testament to how we should care for and love one another.
Any blessings you would like to share from the week? Link up with Susanne, or share in the comments section below.