1. I read a really good book. Joy to the World; How Christ's Coming Changed Everything (And Still Does), by Scott Hahn. I'm a little out of season, yes. But so often, despite my best intentions, I just can't seem to slow down enough to read this stuff during the holidays. I love Scott Hahn's books, and this one was no exception. I'll have to do a more thorough post about it at some point.
2. The tomatoes are ripening. And edible. This is huge for me. I've never had luck with growing my own tomatoes. Ever.
3. This egg cooker. They sell them at Kohl's, but mine was a QVC find by my aunt, who is super duper at finding good stuff on QVC. And sharing it with me! (xoxo, Auntie Ann). I love this thing. On Mondays, I cook six hard boiled eggs, and they are in the fridge at the ready for the rest of the week. When I want to make deviled eggs, the eggs are ready in minutes. And they are perfect hardboiled eggs. You can also make scrambled eggs and soft boiled eggs.
4. Supper on the porch Monday night. It was nice and cool, we cooked burgers on the grill and I made a tomato pie with some deli potato salad. Ice cream for dessert. So simple, but it was a feast when shared with our kids and grandkids.
5. In anticipation, my next fave is lunch today with Auntie Ann and my dear friend, Renee. We are going to the Boulder Pearl Street mall and shopping is sure to be on the agenda for the afternoon.
What are your faves from the week? Do share!