Happy Friday! It's been a whirl of a week, with lots of good things happening. Thinking about the blessings that came my way.
1. Simple summer suppers are the best. I didn't have a menu plan this week, so we just winged it with omelets one night (using garden veggies and leftovers in the fridge) and nachos another night (paired with Dan's awesome G&Ts and dining al fresco on the back deck).
2. We found some patio chairs on sale. They are out in front of the house, and we feel like two old people, rocking away and watching the world go by on a summer evening.
3. My neighbor gave me a bunch of rhubarb from his garden. He insists his family hates the stuff, so I'm not sure why they let it continue to grow. But, I'm happy to get it and I made rhubarb bread, and there's enough to make strawberry rhubarb jam. Since they don't eat rhubarb, I make them a little batch of Christmas cookies in December, payment in kind:)
4. I got my haircut this week. I love my hairdresser. She does a good job and we have so much in common.
5. In the past week, I've spent some one-on-one time with two of our 'new' family members. In a big family, most of our time is spent in a group, which is lots of fun. But it's nice to have some quiet time and really get to know someone. I had lunch with my daughter-in-law's mother (does anyone remember the t.v. show from the 60s I think, with Eve Arden and Kay Ballard, The Mothers-In-Law? What a hoot that show was.) Then one afternoon, my son-in-law came by himself to pick up the baby. She was sleeping, so we visited for about a half hour.
Dan and I are taking a little road trip this weekend, so lots to do today! Have a great weekend everyone!