Looking back over the week with Susanne and the rest of the crew for Friday's Fave Five. Here are some moments, big and small, that blessed my week.
1. Celebrating the 4th of July with a BBQ in the backyard. We had a family gathering at our house with my son-in-law's family. Marcus is one of six kids, and the little ones are such a hoot. We had a lot of fun that afternoon. In the evening, each family went their separate ways for fireworks. Dan's mom stayed with us for the weekend, which was lovely.
2. I had my day with Brooklynn (my 'little bit') on Monday. Emily and Marcus stayed for supper, and Luke, Miranda and Seifer came, too. It was a cool, cloudy day, so I made meat loaf, egg noodles and a casserole with summer squash from our garden. Luke brought apple pie for dessert (no he didn't make it, but he was craving it, so picked up one at the store.) By the way, the summer squash is coming in by the bushel and has pushed out all my cucumbers and other squash! I would welcome some new recipes if anyone has a good one!
3. It has been an uneventful week, which is a blessing in itself. We've had thunderstorms every day, and lots of rain delays at the Rockies games. So, Wednesday night, Luke took my place and went with Dan to see the Angels play. There were two rain delays, so I'm thankful I got to stay home!
4. On Thursday I went to morning mass. There were mostly seniors in attendance, many are people in the community that I grew up knowing, or parents of my friends and schoolmates. It's a lovely, peaceful time of the day, a quiet service. A lovely way to start the day.
5. A couple of weeks ago, I found a small refrigerator/freezer at a garage sale. I bought it on the spot, and Dan and I went back later to haul it home. So, yesterday I went to the grocery story and loaded up on meats, chicken, pork for the freezer. There were some great sales! The fridge portion holds all the canned drinks that take up so much room in our regular refrigerator. It's nice to feel organized.
How was your week? Count your blessings!