It's good to pick up with the Friday Fave Five gang, and to look back at my week and be intentional about looking for the good things in life.
Here they are:
1. Something I take for granted in the summer, but at long last we are having a string days with blue skies. Can you tell I'm excited? With all the rain we've had, our lawn and gardens are lush and green, and when I look out my window I see a world rich in color.
2. I just finished a really good book. It's by Beth Hoffman and the title is Looking for Me.
3. After several weeks of digging out gardens and preparing the soil, we have everything planted in the ground. What a job! Thankful for my son who helped us with all the digging, thankful to have rosebushes growing in our yard and a beautiful perennial garden.
4. Part of our DIY landscaping project was to have a sprinkler system installed in the front yard. We're still working on a plan for the backyard, but man oh man will it be nice to not have to drag a hose around in the front this summer. On a positive note, it's so satisfying to put this yard together ourselves. This is our second summer in this house and the work we did last year is really beginning to show.
5. My water aerobics class is meeting outside for the summer. (Insert smiley sun face here). Splashing in the pool is a great way to start the day.
Happy summer and happy weekend to all!