1. My favorite thing this week. . . cool mail! I found this really neat blogger named Hannah and she promotes snail mail. Not just any snail mail, but artsy snail mail. Some time back, she offered to mail something fun to anyone who left a comment. So, I did, and then promptly forgot all about it. Imagine my surprise when this lovely package came in the mail last week, all the way from Australia. Hannah wrote me a very sweet, personal letter and sent along a packet full of little surprises, including these cute, hand-made teabags. I promptly set them up in my Halloween teacups! If you're into 'mail art' (a whole movement I knew nothing about until recently), check it out on Pinterest. The wonderful, crafty things that people can do will amaze you!
2. My other favorite thing. . . I found ONE photo from my trip that I put on Facebook! Pam and Jenny are showing off their flip phones! Time to upgrade, girls! This is the lovely little café where we spent a few hours at the end of a wonderful day. (I'm going to the phone store today to see if they recover the rest of my photos. So much for being happy with just the experience. I really want those dang photos!)
3. Another favorite thing . . . we celebrated Dan's birthday on Monday evening. His actual bday was last week, but we have found that Mondays are the best days to get everyone together due to busy work and school schedules. Emily and her boyfriend baked him a cake, and I made a dinner that included one of his favorite foods -- twice baked potatoes. I made it in casserole form, using this recipe from PW. So easy, I don't know if I'll ever go back to stuffing all those little potato skins.
4. I'm back on a walking routine with my friend Joan. The fall mornings have been gloriously beautiful. We marvel at the blue skies, the hot air balloons that linger overhead and the snow-covered mountains. It's a lovely way to start the day.
5. An evening out with friends from a Bible Study Group that we all belonged to when our kids were little. Oh my gosh, where has the time gone? It was so good to catch up and reconnect with dear friends.
Hope you all had a great week as well. Thanks, Susanne, for linking us all up!