Friday Fave Five. Wow! I wish I could say that I've participated in every single one, but I will tell you that I so appreciate her faithfulness in hosting each week. It does my heart good to look back at the week and find so many moments and things to be grateful for.
This week, I'm going to list five things that fill my heart with gratitude, not specific to this week, but just moments in general.
1. Naps. A freshly made bed with a soft comforter, cool cotton pillows and a fan. I don't indulge in naps everyday, but when I do, it's like going to the Bahamas. I'm grateful for the gift of rest.
2. Coffee. Not a morning person by nature, but I do love that extra time when I get up early. The hardest part is getting my rear in gear and out of bed. Just the thought of a cup of coffee makes it worthwhile. I'm grateful for the gift of smell and the wonderful aroma of coffee.
3. Springer Spaniel ears. Are so soft and curly and silky. Scratching Lilly's ears puts us both into a state of calm. It's funny to watch her almost fall asleep sitting up. I'm grateful for the gift of touch.
4. Hearing the garage door in the evening, signaling that Dan is home from work. I'm grateful that I get to share my life with this man.
5. Easy fixes. I took my car into today to find out about the mysterious squeaking noise. The spare tire was loose. That's it. I'm grateful for the light hearted feeling that comes when I've worried about something needlessly.
Enjoy the weekend, and don't forget to look for your own moments of gratitude:)