I know it's been a good week when I have to pare down my favorites list to just five. In no particular order, here are five things that blessed my week:
1. A letter in the mail. So rare these days, it was a real treat to get a handwritten letter from my aunt. I also enjoy writing letters, and if you do too, here's a great website that asks for letters of encouragement. You just might make somebody's day.
2. Our neighbors have a new puppy. Oh my gosh, she is a golden retriever and she is just a doll. Like us, our neighbors are way past the new baby stage, so a puppy is the next best thing. Dan and I went to pay a visit, and the four of us stood out in their front yard oohing and ahhing, and at one point we were all doing that 'rocking thing' you do when there's a baby around, while I held the puppy. So silly!
3. Watching my nephew play soccer and having lunch with him at soccer camp. I love being around kids, watching them and listening to them. They are so carefree and what I've read about kids laughing or smiling 400 times a day, compared to adults 20 or something like that? I can see how that is really true.
4. Dan and Luke had their last softball game of the season on Tuesday night. For the first time this season, I went to watch their games -- a double header. It was a beautiful evening, they made some great plays together as pitcher and first baseman.
5. Coffee with my brother. He just amazes me with his perspective and insight, and never fails to help me put things in perspective. Who'd a thought, my 'baby brother' would grow up to be so smart? And he is one of the funniest people I know. Love that guy.
Thanks to Susanne, for encouraging me to take a look back each week and soak up the good things!