1. Puppies! -- I got to go 'puppy shopping' today with my brother. He's in the market for another hunting dog, so we went to check out a litter of German Wirehaired Pointers. Oh.My.Goodness. Is there anything cuter than a litter of nine, three-week old, squirming, bumbling puppies who waddle about like little drunken sailors? It's a good thing I wasn't making the decision about which one to choose. . . I wanted them all.
I picked them up one by one, smelled their sweet puppy smell and rubbed their little tummies. Held them up to my cheek and said, "Oh, pick me, pick me, Mark! Please!"
My brother gave me a weird look and rolling of the eyes that I've come to know so well through the years. I don't know why he does that:/
2. Starting a new book -- I haven't even cracked open the cover yet, but doesn't this just look like a perfect read for summer? Besides the title, it's just so pretty.
3. Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream -- TO.DIE.FOR. My new favorite flavor.
4. Writer's seminar -- Attended an amazing workshop sponsored by our local chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers. I met THE nicest people and learned so so much! What a great group of women.
5. Rain today -- We had the most spectacular thunderstorm today, and the rain poured down in buckets. Just what we needed, and it was awesome watching it all happen from our back porch.
Share your favorites for the week, and link up with Susanne and the rest of the crew over at Living to Tell the Story!