1. Paid bills this week. One of my least favorite jobs to start, but I always feel so productive when I'm finished. And I'm always thankful that there's enough in the piggy bank to go 'round. DH has always made sure of that for us.
2. Girlfriends coming for dinner tonight. The kind of friends that I don't have to clean for, they'll just show up and I'll cook something new, along with a fabulous dessert. DH is making the gin and tonics and we'll 'back porch it' for the evening. Lots of things to be thankful for, just in those last few sentences.
3. Being able to record past episodes of my favorite shows on TV or watch them online whenever I want. It's something we all take for granted now, but when I think back to the "old days" when I was a kid, and if you missed an episode of your favorite show, you had to wait until summer reruns -- being able to watch them whenever you want is pretty miraculous. I'm having such fun catching up on the first three seasons of The Mentalist.
4. A new laptop! Oh my gosh, this should've been Number One. After limping along with the old one for the past year, and seeing the "blue screen of death" at least daily . . . what is that, anyway? . . .Number One Son took me shopping and we picked out a new laptop. I'm giddy over this thing!
5. Lilly and I were on one of our walks this week, and we found this at the end of the trail. A little person's lost shoe that another hiker had thoughtfully placed at the trailhead on top of a pile of rocks, hoping the owner would come back to reclaim it. It just made me go, "Awww."
If you'd like to share what made your week special, link up with Susanne and the rest of the crew! You'll be glad you did;)