Saturday, March 23, 2013
I'm jumping in with Susanne and the Friday Favorites Gang to look back at the week and count some blessings!
1. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had some precious free time to get caught up on my photo albums. Double blessing: doing a creative project, and reliving some happy memories!
2. Finishing one book for Lent and starting another. The Return of the Prodigal Son is a book that can be read over and over, and I'm enjoying it just as much the second time through. I'm reading both books for a book club with friends -- another double blessing.
3. Lunch with Dan. On Monday, he suggested we go out to lunch (love it when he does that:) We went to one of my favorite places, Panera Bread. I love the lunch combo -- soup and half sandwich.
4. On Sunday, we had a dinner to celebrate St. Patrick's day. Invited a crowd of family and friends. In addition to the traditional corned beef and cabbage, I made Emeril's Apple Cider Braised Chicken and Cabbage, potatoes, carrots, sauteed sugar snap peas and homemade Irish soda bread (my Aunt Mary's recipe, which is so delicious). We had brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.
5. Beautiful, purple crocuses that popped up earlier in the week. Of course, now they're buried under ten inches of snow, but that's okay. After each Spring snow, everything turns out a bit more green. Spring is working hard to stay.