2. Yesterday, it snowed all day. A wet, slushy snow that is very heavy to shovel. At least that's what I'm told, as I did not do any of the shoveling. Today, the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Spring is expected to return later this week, with temperatures in the 60s.
3. I finished a quilt. One that was started many years ago by my mother, that she never had the joy of finishing. I'm sure she would be pleased.
4. I made a pot of chili last night and we ate in front of the t.v. and watched two episodes of Love It or List It. Poor Hillary, her renovations 'lost' in both.
5. Luke is home with the flu for the second time in two weeks. He is an easy patient, as long as he has a television all to himself. And as long as I keep him supplied with ginger ale and hot tea at regular intervals.
6. Dan and I watched two movies this weekend: The Sessions on Friday night, with John Hawkes, Helen Hunt and William Macy. It was tender and funny and tastefully done. We also watched Out of Africa, one of my all-time favorites.
7. I am desperately trying to get into a book for book club, which is this Wednesday. . . Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. I need to give it a chance. I would rather read the Maeve Binchy that Dan's mom sent over . . . A Week in Winter. Sometimes, I don't like being in a book club and having my reading choices dictated to me.
8. Did you know that there's an app called Pope Alarm, which will notify you as soon as the news is out that we have a new pope? Go to www.popealarm.com.
I'm borrowing the idea for this post from my friend Judy.