Friday, January 18, 2013
1. After frigid temps last earlier this week, today it was near 60 degrees outside. It was so nice to shed my coat and enjoy the warmth.
2. I've mentioned before that the office I work in has two therapy dogs. One of our dogs, a golden retriever who retired a few months ago, passed away last week. He was such a gift to so many children, as he worked side by side with the therapist who counseled them. I was touched over and over by how pure children are in expressing their feelings. One little boy threw his arms around our therapist and hugged her, telling her to "it's okay to cry." They came with notes and hand-drawn pictures and cards, throughout the week. Such big hearts inside these little ones.
3. On a lighter note, I mentioned to my husband one day how nice it would be to have some extra storage space for all the jars of spices I've accumulated. By the end of the week, he'd installed a spice rack inside one of the cabinet doors. With it and the drawer below, I have tons of space. What a great guy!
4. Gas at $1.57 a gallon! Our grocery store gives points for every dollar you spend, and I redeemed a bucket load yesterday -- saved a dollar a gallon. I almost did cartwheels when I filled the tank for $25!!
5. A real letter in the mail. It brightened my day:)
Susanne hosts Friday Fave Five every week. Here's the link if you would like to join in.