Today is Monday, November 25, 2012
Outside: Cool with gray skies
Listening to: Darius Rucker Don't Think I Don't Think About It
1. I'm making turkey pot pie for supper. That will finish up the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers.
2. I'm so thankful for a husband that is handy around the house and loves to do projects. My dad was that way, too, so I always assumed it was something that all guys can do. I guess I'm pretty blessed.
3. Thanksgiving week was awesome. All the kids were home and we spent lots of family time just hanging out.
4. I usually spend the weekend following T-Day putting up Christmas decorations. For some reason, I just couldn't get there this weekend. We put up our outdoor lights. I found a Christmas candle to put on my desk, along with my Christmas box filled with cards, stamps, stationery, to start writing. I'll ease into it this year.
5. Saturday night, Dan and I had the house to ourselves and just 'chilled.' We watched a western on t.v. (Appaloosa with Ed Harris, Jeremy Irons and Rene Zellwegger -- good movie) and heated up some leftover burritos for supper. I love evenings like that.
6. I'm meeting my brother, Matt, at our favorite coffee shop this morning. He is my youngest brother, the one who I cried when he was born because he was brother #3 and I SO wanted a sister. But, he has become a best friend, and the sister I never had. We drink coffee, gossip . . . if only he liked to shop.
7. My friend Pam is putting me to shame because she is well into her Christmas shopping, and I'm not. Waah. Okay, I'm going to go order a few things so I'll feel better.