I'm overdue in joining Susanne's Friday Fave Five this year. Here are some of the blessings thrown my way this past week.
1. A softball scrimmage on Sunday. The weather has been so mild this month, it was hard to believe that we were outside, watching a game, drinking cold beverages and eating peanuts -- in January!
2. Eating out at a new Italian restaurant last night, with Dan, my Aunt Ann and Luke. A cozy foursome, red checked table clothes and a gracious Italian waiter. And the food was delicious!
3. Finding a new, independent coffee shop. Dan and I have been there twice and have a favorite table by the window where we can watch the pedestrians and traffic go by on an old fashioned Main Street.
4. Really, really good chocolate. My friend gave me a bar of Godiva -- a "just because" present -- and I savored it one.square.at.a.time.
5. Rediscovering the joy in quilting. Working the needle through layers of fabric and batting has a meditative, peaceful quality. I do a lot of thinking and praying when I quilt.
I hope your week was full of blessings, too.