Susanne, for hosting!
1. High School teachers. I spent a couple of days at my daughter's school this week. Whenever I'm there, I am struck by how dedicated the teachers and staff are to the kids. They go so far above and beyond what they are called to do as educators. God bless them.
2. Free internet radio. There may be others, but I listen to Pandora. I've created several stations -- Country, Classical and an electic station labeled "Dan Fogelberg." I just created a holiday music station. There's a limit on how many free hours you get each month, but I've never reached it and sometimes I play the music for hours.
3. A new closet. When our son moved out, I gained an entire closet in what is now a guest room. Yesterday, I put away all the tablecloths that have been stuffed in a cupboard in my sewing room. They're all on hangers -- Christmas, Thanksgiving, lace, spring -- freshly ironed and where I can easily get to them.
4. Dinner last night. The Middle Child is home from college, the Firstborn came for supper and the Girl Child was physically and emotionally present. I made lasagna, salad and garlic bread. We forgot to put the leaf back in the table, but it was all the nicer, all squished together.
5. Laundry. As odd as it sounds. As my kids get older and I struggle with what to do or say to help them through certain situations, I find some satisfaction in being able to at least provide them with clean, freshly laundered clothes to wear. Clean shirt, clean socks, a fresh armor to face their day.
Hope you find much to be thankful for this week:)