Susanne of Living to Tell the Story. She keeps me on track, focusing on the good things and living in the moment, with Friday's Fave Five.
Here are some grace points from the week.
1. This week was about feeling connected to so many special people in my life. I wrote a letter to a friend, talked on the phone with my brother, visited my aunt for a long chat. My sister-in-law from California was in town and I got to spend time with her. Earlier in the week, we celebrated a family birthday and I got to meet some extended family from Australia. And today, my dad came for lunch:)
2. Fall soups and stews. I made a lentil and tomato soup today, and made it heartier by adding some elk sausage that was in the freezer. It was delicious! Elk is very lean and the sausage is flavorful and not at all gamy. With some toasted garlic bread, it made a yummy supper.
3. This morning, I made a pan of lasagna for a teachers' conference at our school, and while I was at it, made two more pans to put in the freezer. Planning ahead for busy weeks before the holidays. I am so thankful for my freezer:)
4. I saw Sarah's Key yesterday. Such a treat to see a movie in the middle of the week and a treat to pay only $6 for a matinee. The book is a powerful and moving story. The film was extremely well done with Kristin Scott Thomas in the lead role.
5. Finally, finally backed up all the photos on the computer. Actually, Firstborn Child did it for me. Big sigh of relief. I really need to learn how to do these things for myself. But, in the meantime, I am very thankful for computer savvy children.
How was your week?