One of the best parts of the week is writing my Friday Favorites post. Looking back over the the week and mining for the good stuff, the gold nuggets, the grace points.
1. The used book store in town. The young woman who owns it is just a delight. She always has a pot of coffee going and a plate of cookies. It's a small shop, but she's managed to squeeze in a couple of overstuffed chairs. There are always one or two other shoppers in there, browsing the shelves in companionable silence. It's become one of my favorite haunts.
2. Our Keurig coffee maker. I love it. Some mornings I wake up, and it's the first thing I think of, enjoying a cup of rich, flavorful coffee, while enjoying the early morning on the back porch. It's what gets me out of bed, as I'm not a morning person.
3. My husband. Always. After 27 years, he still makes me laugh, makes me swoon and I love 'im.
4. September. The sky is bluer, the air is clearer, it's such a welcome change after the long, hot summer months. I love the anticipation of fall and the new beginnings. September has always been my "new year."
5. Sending a care package to The Middle Child. I remember how much it meant to get mail when I was in college. Even though it's easier to communicate these days with texts and phone calls, nothing says "i love you" like a package in the mail!
I hope you all found lots of blessings in your week! I'm linking up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five.