Linking up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday Favorites.
1. This was the first full week that my kids were in school. It is the first time in 16 years that I'm not driving someone to school in the morning! DH leaves at the same time as my daughter, so he drops her at school. I feel deliciously spoiled, not having to get out of the house first thing in the morning.
2. Kathy and I had our 'end of the summer pool party' yesterday to celebrate back-to-school. It's an exclusive event -- she and I are the only ones invited. And her dad. Since it's his pool. He comes for lunch, but the rest of the day it's just the two of us, on our rafts, looking up at the blue sky, talking and sipping iced lattes or drinks of choice.
3. Seeing The Help on Wednesday morning. Geez, I've been spoiled this week. I wrote about this in a previous post. My book club went to an early show -- 10:00 in the morning for just six bucks -- since we had read the book together last spring.
4. This happened last week, but I'm still so tickled about it. I found a teapot at this Etsy shop that goes with my mother's childhood tea set. I think it's a pretty good match. I have been searching for a long time and I'm so delighted.
5. We continue to have hot, hot days, but the early mornings and evenings are cooler. Perfect weather for porch sitting and morning coffee.
How was your week?