School starts next week! It's hard to believe that this was the last week of summer vacation. Nothing extraordinary this week, just finding pleasure in the "small things."
1. The temperatures have dropped ever so slightly and the mornings are wonderfully cool. This morning there is the slightest breeze, suggesting that summer won't last forever.
2. The painting in the kitchen is finished! For now, at least. It's so nice to have everything put back together and it looks so bright and cheerful.
3. Lunch with Aunt Ann yesterday. It was spur of the moment, both of us needed a break, so we went to our favorite place, The Egg & I. I deviated from my usual favorite -- the Chicken Walnut Salad sandwich -- and tried a salad. It was good, but the sandwich, served on raisin bread, is still my all-time favorite.
4. Buying school supplies. Em and her friend went shopping and bought all the same things, just in different colors. Remember when you had a best friend and loved to have things that "matched"?
5. This book. Oh, it's such a good read. My Ruby Slippers, The Road Back to Kansas is beautifully written, as Tracy Seeley explores the back roads of Kansas and eastern Colorado in an archaeological dig of sorts, to find the homes and the stories of her childhood. In her quest, she raises the question for all of us, what exactly is home?
Linking up with Susanne at Living to the Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five! Where I just found out I won a Starbuck's gift card!! Thank you, Susanne! Such a treat!