Haven 't had much time for blogging, but I can't pass up Friday's Fave Five -- an opportunity to look back at my week and count a few blessings.
1. Luke's surgery went very well. I'm so thankful for people who love medicine and aren't squeamish about blood and stitches and seeing icky stuff. I am not one of them. But thank God there are people like Dr. S who like that stuff. And I discovered a whole new application for engineering, as he and Dan (an engineer) discussed how Luke's elbow should be put back together. I was flattered when Dr. S looked at me and asked, "Are you an engineer, too?" To think he even speculated I might be that brainy. "No," I confessed, "I work from the other side of the brain."
2. A free car wash. The place I take my car to be serviced always washes it and vacuums inside. I love having a nice clean car to drive around.
3. 50 cent ice cream cones from McD's. 54 cents with tax. Such a cheap treat.
4. Reba reruns. I absolutely.love.this.show. It makes me laugh out loud, and that has been a huge blessing this week.
5. Dan and I have been taking turns getting up in the middle of the night to give Luke his pain medication. One night I stayed up until my "shift" and caught up with on some scrapbooking. I love these two pages. Nothing fancy, just spending time on the back porch. Just a note: I'm obviously not a "serious" scrapbooker, but love paper and stickers and pasting. Shoulda been a kindergarten teacher.