It's Friday and that means it's time to link up with Suzanne for Friday's Fave Five. Here's a look back at my week.
1. On 4th of July, our neighborhood had an impromptu block party. We've been in our house three years (already?!) and though we've gotten to know lots of folks that live close to us, on Monday we got to meet all the 'farther down the street' folks. Like the guy who has the coolest Halloween decorations, and the people who live in 'the pinkish color house'. It was loads of fun.
2. Met my friend Renee for coffee at Starbucks one evening. We sat on the patio, at a table under an umbrella while it rained.
3. Dan and I went to see Larry Crowne. Love Tom Hanks. Love Julia Roberts. It was fun and kinda quirky, and we both enjoyed it.
4. Tried some new recipes this week, as I attempt to expand my summer repertoire.
5. Yesterday, I dropped Emily at the amusement park to meet her friends for the day, and spent the time downtown. While Em was riding roller coasters, I was doing geeky things: I went to the Denver Art Museum and spent a few hours looking at my favorite exhibits in the Western American Art gallery. I also went to the Denver Public Library, which is huge compared to our little town library. And, just so my daughter doesn't totally give up on my coolness, I should mention I went shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond:)
How was your week?