But I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.
Just so you know, I haven't totally given up on my blog. It's just that the past couple weeks I've been busy:
* Checking out the baby owls at least once a day. Now, they are so big that Mama Owl has to sit on a branch outside the nest.
* Planting rosebushes, columbine, and daisies every place I can fit them in, and potted geraniums for the porch.
* Praying over the back lawn every morning, that the grass seed we planted in the bare patches will hurry up and grow in 10 days.
* Watching softball tournaments
* Getting excited for my senior who is going to graduate in 10 days. And trying not to get all wild eyed and gnash my teeth as I plead with him to please make sure he's met all of his deadlines and crossed the t's and dotted the i's. I even stayed calm when he called today explaining we need to fed ex his final for his online class TODAY, so he'll have his credits in time to graduate. The last two weeks have been one surprise after another. I am going to party SO hard when this kid gets his diploma.
* Working out at the gym. Yes, you read that right.
* Surviving my turn at being sick, following son's sinus infection and husband's bronchitis.
* Trying to be the compassionate, kind soul that I'm NOT when other people around me are sick.
* Reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Loved, loved it!
* Seeing "Water for Elephants" with my daughter. Except for the scene where she sobbed uncontrollably (she can't stand it when animals are mistreated, even if they don't "show everything" -- Do you want to leave? No, no, no), we both enjoyed it.
* Capturing the beauty of springtime before it's gone and summer is here.