Whoa, when I wrote about Spring Break I had no intention of taking a break from blogging. We got so lost in being on break last week, that the days just all blended together. It was hardly a 'vacation' but it was sooo good to not be on a schedule. At all. Here's what got done:
* The side yard landscaping was a shambles, so we spent two days tearing up all the old mulch and ground cover and rocks, making several trips to Home Depot for pavers and then laying out a nice, smooth, new pathway. Which is really nice for hauling garbage cans and the lawn mower and bikes.
* Put up a fence to keep a certain spazzy dog out of the garden. Filling holes in the yard created by same spazzy dog. Putting up some lattice around the bottom of the porch to keep (you got it) spazzy dog from digging. All this required more trips to Home Depot.
* Not going to mention how many hot dogs were consumed from the hot dog stand in front of HD. So convenient for lunches.
* I managed to fill up a couple more bags for 40 Bags in 40 Days, for a total of 7.
* We had some fun, too! The kids (Joe was working all week, but the other two were our slaves) were released in the evening to see friends. Dan and I took in a movie, and we all went out for dinner one night. It was a very low-key kinda week, but I think that's what we needed. The weather was gorgeous and Emily got a couple of horseback riding lessons in, so she was happy as a clam.
This morning we woke up to a wet, sloppy snow. Dan is out of town, Emily is back in school. Luke has another two days of break before he starts school on Wednesday. It's a bit of a let down, kind of like the scene in Mary Poppins when Burt's sidewalk chalk drawings all start to melt away. Come back, Spring!