Just squeezing in at the end of the afternoon, to join in on Friday's Fave Five. Looking back at my week, there were many moments of gratitude. Here are just a few:
1. Last night, we went to see my mother-in-law, 'we' being Dan, Luke, Emily and I. Luke has an ear and a heart for music, and enjoys all different kinds. He made up a CD of his favorite country songs, knowing Dan and I like country music. We listened to it on the drive down and there were some songs that neither of us had heard of.
2. My MIL is doing great! She had major surgery two and a half weeks ago to have a benign brain tumor removed. She is in a rehab center for another few days and then will get to go home!
3. I joined a gym (again) and I'm loving it! All of the machines have their own t.v.'s, so I can watch House Hunters on HGTV while I work out, guilt-free!
4. I won't go into details, but I was shown a kindness this week when I least expected it, in fact I was prepared for a confrontation. The rest of the week, I found myself "paying it forward." Nice.
5. This little corner of my living room just blesses me all the time. It's my favorite reading chair and the bookcase is from my parents' house and holds special mementos. The books are my grandmother's, my dad's when he was a little boy, and a collection of Dan's favorites. The pieces of blue delft are from my mom's collection. There's an eagle statue that Joe received when he got his Eagle Scout award. And the flag was flown with my brother's unit in Iraq. The pictures on the left are from my grandmother's house and I remember them so vividly from when I was a little girl visiting her.
If you'd like to join in, link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
I'm also linking up for Coffee Talk with the Company Girls at Home Sanctuary. They're the nicest group of girls! Grab a cup of coffee and join us.