Friday's Fave Five is a time to look back at the week and find the blessings, big and small. This has been a great week for me, but I'll try to limit my list to five:)
1. Last weekend my sisters-in-law stayed with us to celebrate Dan's parents birthdays with a dinner on Saturday. Sunday morning the two of them fixed a wonderful breakfast of biscuits and gravy. It was such a treat. Breakfast is my favorite meal, especially when someone else does the cooking;)
2. I need to write an entire post about this, but on Monday my friend Pam was in town. We had the whole day to visit, she stayed overnight and we both made it a point to get up early so we could talk a few more hours. Pam is a lifelong friend -- we met in junior high -- and we have a long history together!
3. The freezing cold temps. It barely made it above 0 on Monday and Tuesday. I loved staying indoors, drinking lots of tea and having the fireplace going. The kids were out of school for two days. Yesterday I made a new recipe in the crockpot. It felt like a holiday this week.
4. Sleeping in! Emily didn't have school today, because of a teacher in-service day. I slept in until an embarrassingly late hour! Today we're going to get Em's haircut and go out for lunch.
5. A new book. Joey gave me a gift card for Christmas and I bought a copy of Pride and Prejudice. It's on my list of books to read for 2011.
How was your week? Join us at Susanne's for Friday's Fave Five!
Oh, and before I forget -- just want to give a shout out to Robin and Lori at Homestead Chimney. Thanks so much for reading my blog ladies!!