Susanne's to share the best parts of our week.
1. Yesterday, after I dropped Emily at school, I took my usual route home and saw two Bald Eagles perched in a tree in the open space near our park. It was thrilling to see the pair of them! They looked so regal, looking over the snow covered fields, surveying their domain.
2. Is it weird that sometimes I like having my kids home sick? Not because they're sick, but because it means I don't go out anywhere. I tend to work on projects that keep me close to them so I can keep an eye on them, feel their foreheads, bring them ginger ale and sit on the sofa next to them every so often to catch up on episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place. I love that show. Don't tell anyone because it's written for 10-year-olds.
3. Talking to Kathy on the phone. I haven't talked to her in two weeks, so we had lots to catch up on. While I had cleaned up the kitchen, fed the dogs and then stretched out on the sofa and twirled my hair for 20 minutes, we got all caught up with each other and had solved many of the world's problems. I love having a friend like that.
4. I cleaned out the pantry and re-stocked. I feel like I have King Soopers in my back room. Everything I need, all neat and organized.
5. Meeting new bloggers! I found some new blogs this week and have met the nicest people. It's a Very Cherry World is filled with vintage charm! Check it out.