1. I baked banana bread and remembered to sprinkle the top with raw sugar before I put it in the oven. Oh my, it is sooo delicious. The bread turned out just right and the crunchy sweetness of the sugar on top makes it even better.
2. Today I gave Lilly a much needed bath. She was so calm and looked at me with her big brown eyes as I washed her "curls" and ears. She even let me blow dry her a bit and now she's silky and smells so good.
(hmm -- banana bread, washing the dog. It's got to get better than this).
3. The first snow! More to come this weekend:)
4. My family all gathered here last Sunday to celebrate my aunt's birthday. My brother, Matt, made his famous meatballs and sauce, I made some appetizers and bread and salad. My niece who is going to college in Ft. Collins came down, and my sister-in-law and other niece made the drive from up in the mountains where they live. It was a wonderful time of family fun and talking and laughing -- and continuing the conversation throughout the week on Facebook.
5. I watched a t.v. program yesterday that helped me to remember that all we have is this day. Right now, the present. That the years are going by so fast, and one day we'll look back and wish for one day, one hour, even one minute back of this time, just to experience it all again. We won't get that, but we have it in our grasp right now. Don't let it go by unnoticed or wish it away. I need to be reminded of this.
Hop on over to Susanne's for more Friday's Fave 5.